Re: raid software troubles (long)

martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Hal <selvone@ngi.it> [2006.12.27.2120 +0100]:
I didn't tried modifying that file, because I didn't want to get into troubles. ;-)

Make a backup and try using /usr/share/mdadm/mkconf once the system
is up and running the way you like it to create a new one.

i tried to use /usr/share/mdadm/mkconf but I don't have that command.
Do I have to upgrade my mdadm version ?

Some
stuff has changed since mdadm version 1.9.

This is correct, I have an old version, that is 1.9...
And kernel version is 2.6.8-3-686-smp

By the way, I followed the 'man' instruction:

     echo 'DEVICE /dev/hd[a-z] /dev/sd*[a-z]' > mdadm.conf
mdadm --examine --scan --config=mdadm.conf >> mdadm.conf This will find what arrays

mkconf basically does the same.

and I noticed a difference between uuid of /dev/md4...

yes, it looks like your on-disk mdadm.conf file is outdated wrt md4.

This morning I changed my on-disk mdadm.conf with right UUID for md4 and rebooted, but It appeared again the error and it stopped loading operating system...
In your opinion could a mdadm's upgrade solve my trouble ?