Re: backup archive format saved to disk

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 03:11:10PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

[...]

No. Pascal has no provision for separate compilation. Pascal is
defined by Niclaus Wirth's "Report". The fact that no reasonable

                                                     ^^
Do you mean "every"?

Yes. I started to compose the sentence one way, then the
second half came out the other way, so the sentence meant
the opposite of my intent. :-(

Pascal compiler ever sold incorporated a separate compilation
extension (IOW, deviated from the definition of the language) is
an indication that this was a lack in Pascal. You can tell that
it is not part of the language, because every implementation which
added that extension had it's own way of doing it.

If you read this part just above, you see where I refer
to the fact that it deviated from the "Report", which had
no such provision.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.