Re: backup archive format saved to disk

Whoops, chopped off my last paragraph; I meant:

It has many other advantages however, including those from OOP, and more
unusually, a notational power that makes certain sorts of programs
_much_ easier to write/read.  [Part of this is the fact that doing so
can be done _efficiently_ -- it's very common to see e.g. java programs
which are hard to read and have subtle bugs because of the tricks
they're playing to avoid heap allocating temporary objects.  Because C++
allows using value (or value-like) semantics instead in many cases, you
don't need so many tricks, and it can greatly improve the
maintainability of the code.]

-MIles