Re: Using aspell-id package from Ubuntu? Was "Evolution multilingual spellchecking in Debian Etch (Newbie)."

Hi Sven,

On 12/5/06, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 19:03 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> Any idea how to get rid of my install from source?

Either carefully delete the files manually, or see if there is an "make
uninstall" or similar option. I don't think there's any harm in just
leaving the files on the system, some of them will simply be overwritten
by the package.

OK, I didn't get any response yet from the Indonesian language lists
that I wrote to, so I installed your package and over wrote the files
on the system. The choice to include Indonesian under "composer
preferences" was all of a sudden where it should be. I am not sure why
this didn't work before, but the important thing is that it does now.

> > Maybe you can
> > file a RFP (Request For Package) bug and hope somebody else will pick it
> > up? (Hint: use the reportbug package for this.)
>
> Do you mean the "Report Bug Tool"?

I think that's the tool in GNOME? I don't think it can do RFP bugs.

The reportbug tool (package and binary name) is debian specific and is
run from the terminal. (A GUI version is in development I believe).

Yeah, found it. As you state above, it's command line and invoked with
'reportbug' in the terminal.

> BTW, I have sent this question to
> debian-user-indonesian@lists.debian.org I got in contact with someone
> who will forward the question on to some other lists. I am just hoping
> someone will understand my somewhat questionable Bahasa Indonesia ;-)

Sounds like a good idea.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson