Re: Using aspell-id package from Ubuntu? Was "Evolution multilingual spellchecking in Debian Etch (Newbie)."

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 14:30 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> I have tried to get a aspell to work with Evolution, to get
> spellchecking in Indonesian to work.

[snip]

> 2) To download an Ubuntu aspell-id .deb and try to install it. The
> problem is getting the file. I would also have liked to search the
> Debian site to make sure that one isn't available, but I got the
> message that the search capability is down :-(

I don't think Ubuntu provides an aspell-id package either.

Anyway, I have made a horribly amateurish package of aspell-id. I don't
give any guarantees, but it seems to work for me.
http://www.whiz.se/temp/aspell-id/

Not knowing any Indonesian I haven't really got any motivation to work
on this package and getting it into the official archives. Maybe you can
file a RFP (Request For Package) bug and hope somebody else will pick it
up? (Hint: use the reportbug package for this.)

> "this is a bit better in the evolution 2.8 documentation, it now says:
> "To choose a spell-checking language, select it here. You must install
> the gnome-spell package, available through ZENworks(TM) Linux
> Management, for spell-checking to be available in Evolution. Additional
> dictionaries are also available through Red Carpet(TM) and are detected
> automatically if you have installed them. You must also install the
> aspell package. If this is the case, please contact your packager.""

I don't think this applies to Debian at all.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson