Re: xserver-xorg: recent upgrade blowed out my X server

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 21:56, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
<trimmed>

> mhhh... I don't have a  "Savage Video Cards" section,  I am compiling from
> 2.6.8 sources, should I use newer ones?.. but still asking myself why it
> worked..
> going crazy with this!

Yep. You need to upgrade. The 2.6.8 Kernel doesn't support this Video Card.
I am using the 2.6.17-2 kernel now. Works fine.

I had tried the 2.4 Sarge Kernel. (don't remember the exact version number
though). The 2.4 kernel used to work fine. Maybe this explains why everything
was working fine previously.
But the 2.6.8 kernel (The unstable kernel on the Sarge CD) doesn't support
the "savage" module.
--
Regards,
Amit.

Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!