Re: restoring a "panel" in xfce4

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:30:23 -0800
"Easthope" <peasthope@cablelan.net> wrote:

> Debian users,
>
> Using the Panel Manager in xfce4, I removed
> the panel which showed the quiescent tasks.
> The panel with the icons for the Xfce Menu,
> the clock & etc. remains intact.
>
> How can that "quiescent task panel" be restored?
> I tried removing and reinstalling the xfce4-panel
> package to no avail.
>
> Thanks,     ... Peter Easthope

Look at the configuration files under ~/.config/xfce4. You should be
able to find the file which holds the panel configuration, and delete it
I don't have access to a machine running XFCE at the moment, so I'm
afraid I can't be more specific. Do this when you are not logged in to
XFCE, as its settings dameon will rewrite the file on exit.

If you're impatient, just remove the entire tree. This will restore the
default XFCE configuration.

--

Liam