Re: xserver-xorg: recent upgrade blowed out my X server

Raffaele Morelli wrote:

>> Mhhh... Previously, you claimed to be using debian testing. Debian
>> testing/etch is currently using kernel 2.6.17. Maybe there's a problem
>> using current xorg with about 2 years old kernel?
>

> this is my /et/apt/sources.list line...
> deb http://debian.fastwebnet.it/debian/ etch main contrib
>
> I only obtain kernel-source-2.6.8 install proposal...

This is quite certainly not from the above line. Probably you have
another line pointing to sarge or stable.

There was a rename of kernel-xxx to linux-xxx from sarge to etch.
Installing 'linux-source-2.6.17' should get you the current sources.

'linux-image-2.6.17-2-686' is what I have installed.

HTH,
Johannes

NB: please reply to list.