Re: xserver-xorg: recent upgrade blowed out my X server

I use the exact same card.
Under the Section "Device", change the driver from "s3" to "savage"

The modified Section "Device" should look like this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]"
        Driver          "savage"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Hope it helps

I tried this, but with this driver I obtain a

Fatal: Module savage not found
[drm] failed to load kernel module "savage"

but why the everything was fine before? Do you think some package upgrade could burst my kernel modules?
I tried out with "modconf" and "modprobe savage" but none savage module was found...

I am actually recompiling the kernel, but my config file still include drm modules.
Any other suggestion?

regards
raffaele

--