Re: spam filter easy install

On 19 Nov 2006, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (19/11/06 17:23), Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I like spamprobe better than spamassassin. There is a deb package but
> > I've always compiled and installed my own in /usr/local. It has a
> > mailing list where the author answers questions helpfully.
> >
> > See spamprobe.sourceforge.net.
>
> Hi Anthony
>
> Although my spamassassin does a reasonable job, the spamprobe project
> looks interesting and I'd like to give it a try.  Our mail is run on a
> local IMAP server; do you think I can run spamprobe alonside the
> existing spamassassin set up or will they conflict?
>
> I also had a trawl around for some sort of howto; can you point me to
> something?
>
> Thanks
>
> Clive
>
> --

Probably easiest to download the tarball from the above source; it will
provide the documentation, which is pretty good.

Spamprobe can be run from procmail, which is I do myself. I know people
do run it in conjunction with other filters but I'm no expert and I know
(details in the docs) and Brian Burton will no doubt tell you (I think
he does use IMAP).

I like spamprobe because it's pretty easy to set up and catches most
spam after training with virtually no false positives.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian