Re: Etch - ethernet connection blocked by aMule

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 09:49:39 +0100, Martinez Perez Alberto wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have Etch installed with an ethernet connection to internet through
> a router. The problem I'm suffering is that the ethernet connection is
> being blocked with aMule running. I have configured aMule to a maximum
> of 200 connections and 200 sources per file.
>
> After a few minutes the ethernet connection slow down and is finally
> blocked after a while. aMule still has connection but it's impossible
> to navigate the web or retrieve de mail. Sometimes the system y
> totally blocked. Thus, I think the problem is that aMule is getting
> all the resources but it's not clair how can I resolve it. I have
> asked to users of other Linux such as Fedora and they don't have this
> problem.
>
> Does anyone has had this problem and achieved to solve it?

I think the relevant parameter is not the number of connections but
rather the maximum transfer rate. Try to adjust the maximum download and
upload rate to (for example) 30% of your connection's total upload and
download bandwidth. (Preferences > Connection > Bandwidth Limits)

--
Regards,
          Florian