Re: Cupsys, using gutenprint driver instead of CUPS'

Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org>:
>  T <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> writes:
> > The feedback I get from cups.general is that the driver that I was using
> > is actually not the gutenprint's but CUPS'. So I re-installed everything
>
>  CUPS isn't finding the Gutenprint PPDs at startup.  This is because
>  they are being moved from /usr/share/cups/model to /usr/share/ppd.
>  Gutenprint is still using the old location, and you can fix it by
>  symlinking e.g. /usr/share/ppd/gutenprint-transitional ->
>  /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint.
>
>  The package in unstable now puts the PPDs in the new location, so just
>  grabbing the cupsys-driver-gutenprint from unstable will fix your
>  problem.

That latter suggestion (though NOT from unstable) fixed my problem too.
Thanks.  I'm running Sarge.  Epson Stylus Photo 900 @ 7?? dpi color..

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html