Re: Cupsys, using gutenprint driver instead of CUPS'

T <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> writes:

> The feedback I get from cups.general is that the driver that I was using
> is actually not the gutenprint's but CUPS'. So I re-installed everything
> again, but still I can't see any gutenprint drivers when I get to the
> choosing "Model/Driver" step at web setup, all are CUPS', eg:
>
>  "EPSON 9pin/24pin ..."
>  "EPSON Stylus Color Series CUPS v1.2"
>  "EPSON New Stylus Color Series CUPS v1.2"
>
> Why? What I'm missing?

CUPS isn't finding the Gutenprint PPDs at startup.  This is because
they are being moved from /usr/share/cups/model to /usr/share/ppd.
Gutenprint is still using the old location, and you can fix it by
symlinking e.g. /usr/share/ppd/gutenprint-transitional ->
/usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint.

The package in unstable now puts the PPDs in the new location, so just
grabbing the cupsys-driver-gutenprint from unstable will fix your
problem.

Sorry about that--the change in CUPS took me by suprise.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh