Re: Still fontconfig (and Xorg and Defoma, ...)

Hi Alle,

I have had just the same problem with a fresh sid install.

What I found, and may be of help, is that fc-cache, part of fontconfig package refuses to write cache files if the directory in question has a modification time in the future.

I suggest your run fc-cache -v as root, and take note of the directories where it fails to write the cache file:

# fc-cache -v
/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi: caching, 358 fonts, 0 dirs
/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi: failed to write cache

Then touch those directories:

# touch /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi

and redo to check if fc-cache now works without complaining.

# fc-cache -v

(I am showing only one failing dir, just for brevity).

If you are having the same problem I had, that trick should allow configuration to succeed, so ttf-opensymbol and then for the rest of OpenOffice can be installed.

HTH!
///Pablo