Wanted: decent GNOME player with MP4/AAC support

Hi,

I'm so sick of it. I'm a Debian/testing user running GNOME and would like to find a decent music player with AAC support. I know this must have been asked here or elsewhere a thousand times before, but I have been searching the WWW for too long now.

I haven't been able to find a player that suits my needs. Maybe I already have it, and just cannot play my files with it. I don't know. Or maybe all of my 3 requests cannot be served at the same time. :)

What I want:

* MP4/AAC support (unencrypted files)
* manage/browse my music library, preferably with drag and drop support
* GNOME interface (anything that requires kdelibs is IMO not fast enough and just looks ugly)

Whatever software I have looked at so far, at least one of the above requirements were not met.

What I have looked at so far:

* Rhythmbox: Can't play MP4/AAC. Gives an error when importing those.
* MPlayer: No library, playback works fine.
* GNOME Listen: Can't play MP4/AAC, despite what was said on [1]. Ignores an import of those. * Banshee: Can't play MP4/AAC. Imports them, but complains about their format when wanting to play them. * XMMS: MP3 sound quality is significantly worse compared to Rhythmbox. I don't care if that's impossible, I can hear it. :)
* Amarok: Not GNOME, therefore not tested.

If I'm missing anything, please let me know. Don't worry about the free-ness of your suggestions, I'd gladly install plugins or any other required package from repos like debian-multimedia.org.

Please CC me, I'm not on this list. And please don't complain about this, my request is CoC-compliant, as can be read on [2]. (We've had this too many times on debian-laptop.)

If you need any more information about my setup, I'm happy to provide it.

Regards,
André

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/08/msg00134.html