Re: multiseat laptop?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Kevin Mark wrote:
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 04:09:19PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
John Hasler wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West writes:
well, if you've got the processing power, why not? surely 1 box with
heavy duty hardware is cheaper power-wise than two less powerful
boxes. And if you're second user is an intermittent, low-power user
(browsing, email) it could probably work pretty well.
Probably cheaper yet (and certainly simpler) is one "heavy duty" box and a
cheap (perhaps diskless) box as an X terminal.
Actually I was after cheap *and* portable, commuting between two places with a laptop, both places having an extra monitor/keybd/mouse, since there would always be two of us.

The difference between 2 laptops or 2 monitors, etc. and 1 laptop might not be all that significant.

Hi H,
I had a thought: some of the new micro-atx systems like the shuttle xp?
shuttle,2 mice, 2 14" lcds, 2 kbds. about $700-800?(a guess). Small, somewhat portable. Cheaper than a laptop but not able to be used
on the go (like in an airport).
Kev

$200:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856101466
Has anybody heard of running Sid one one of those?
Good thought!

+ 2 LCD monitors = $200. Total $400.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824222021R

Hugo