Re: multiseat laptop?

Carl Fink wrote:
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 09:39:46PM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 01:26:58PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Probably laptop users here:

I now run a multiseat desktop: 1 PC + 2 /videocards/monitors/keybds/mice with Sid and the right xorg.conf.

But that is a huge amount of gear.

Much better to do a multi-seat laptop: you would need a laptop with 2 nvidia cards and 4 usb plugs.

You would plug an extra monitor into the extra videocard and an extra keybd/mouse into 2 usb ports + setp xorg.conf.

Does that exist?
I'm missing something. How is a muti-seat desktop or laptop used? Why?

Two users, one computer.  Remember the term "time sharing"?

But with hardware so cheap now it seems like a weird thing to do, especially
with a laptop.

And that ends that thread.
Thanks a bunch.