Re: multiseat laptop?

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:22:02PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Carl Fink wrote:

I think that's the problem -- a laptop with 2 video cards, surely
there is no such beast. There are laptops with an extra video out to
run an external monitor, but I believe they are 1 card with two
ouputs, not two distinct cards or two different rendering engines (or
whatever you call them, GPU's maybe).

> >>I'm missing something.  How is a muti-seat desktop or laptop used?  Why?
> >
> >Two users, one computer.  Remember the term "time sharing"?

well, if you've got the processing power, why not? surely 1 box with
heavy duty hardware is cheaper power-wise than two less powerful
boxes. And if you're second user is an intermittent, low-power user
(browsing, email) it could probably work pretty well.

> >But with hardware so cheap now it seems like a weird thing to do,
> >especially
> >with a laptop.
>
> And that ends that thread.
> Thanks a bunch.