Re: German "Umlaute" in OpenOffice

On 11/7/06, Dietrich Bollmann <d.bollmann@tu-berlin.de> wrote:
I found a way to make the US international keyboard work in uxterm:
after entering

setxkbmap us_intl

I could display German Umlaute by using the sequences  "u, "U, ... in
uxterm but OpenOffice would display some Japanese Kanji instead and
emacs wouldn't display ' and " anymore at all...

I could enter Umlaute in OpenOffice using the German Keyboard (setxkbmap
de) but emacs doesn't like this new keyboard either and I do not like
'z' at the place of 'y' and the other way around...

A US international keyboard layout working everywhere would be nice...

Thanks,
Dietrich

Hello,

so you would like a us international keyboard layout ?  Ok, you should
check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and you should find a line that is like
this one:

Option          "XkbLayout"

After XkbLayout is the name of the layout you are currently using. For
the us international you should use:

Option          "XkbLayout"   "us_intl"

Remember to restart the graphical environment after the change. I hope
this will help you.

Best regards,
Sergio Cuellar

--