Re: German "Umlaute" in OpenOffice

I found a way to make the US international keyboard work in uxterm: after entering

setxkbmap us_intl

I could display German Umlaute by using the sequences "u, "U, ... in uxterm but OpenOffice would display some Japanese Kanji instead and emacs wouldn't display ' and " anymore at all...

I could enter Umlaute in OpenOffice using the German Keyboard (setxkbmap de) but emacs doesn't like this new keyboard either and I do not like 'z' at the place of 'y' and the other way around...

A US international keyboard layout working everywhere would be nice...

Thanks,
Dietrich

Dietrich Bollmann wrote:
Hi Sergio Cuéllar Valdés,

I thought I did - but did it again - and now the following suddenly shows the "Umlaute" correctly (don't see any difference comparing this line to the one I used before - so probably I forgot to generate the German locale?)

 LANG=de_DE.utf8 LANGUAGE=de_DE.utf8 LC_CTYPE=de_DE.utf8 oowriter txt.doc

:)

Thank you very much!

But there is still the problem with the keyboard: I still don't know how to input "Umlaute"... I would be very happy to use the "US international layout" as I could use the same keys for the same thing in all languages. But I couldn't find a way how to install / use it in Debian (When still using fedora I found it listed in between the keyboard layouts as far as I remember. But I couln't find it in Debian)

Any idea?

Thank you,
Dietrich