Re: Classic Gnubie accident

Kent West wrote:
anthony wrote:
I'd like to know what exactly happened and perhaps to get my user
(anthony) and my settings back iat some point so, what should the
permissions be for all the settings (invisible) files in my home
directory /anthony/home ? Are they each different?

To get your user back, just backup the original /home/anthony directory, then "deluser anthony" followed by "adduser anthony". You'll probably also want to "addgroup anthony audio cdrom", etc to add the user "anthony" to the groups "audio", "cdrom", etc, as necessary to give that user sound capability, CD-mounting capability, etc.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>