Re: getting a list of manually installed package

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 00:44:25 +0200, Rob Wilco wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:

> >># aptitude markauto '~i'
> >>
> >>aptitude wants to remove the majority of the packages:
> >>
> >>After unpacking 427MB will be freed.
> >>
> >>How do you change the marking without uninstalling them?
> >
> >B) If your aptitude only installs dependencies automatically then this
> >   has to be:
> >
> >   aptitude unmarkauto '~M!(~R~i|~Rrecommends:~i)'
> >
> >   This will remove the "auto" mark from all packages that are not
> >   listed as a dependency or a recommendation of any other installed
> >   package.
>
> As I wish to get the list of the package I installed and not those
> installed the debian-installer, i do not think unmarking auto any more
> package will help me.

My proposal tried to address the problem of aptitude wanting to remove
most of your system if you mark everything "auto". I had the impression
that bringing aptitude's package information database back to a usable
state was the primary goal.

>                       IMHO, I now needs to find a way to markauto the
> package installed by the d-i.

I am not sure if this can be achieved using aptitude search patterns. If
you still know the exact date and time of your installation, then you
could maybe use the time stamps in /var/cache/apt/archive to identify
these packages, unless you cleaned the package cache since then.
Aptitude's logs might also help, depending on how your log rotation is
set up.

--
Regards,
          Florian