Re: getting a list of manually installed package

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 14:33:38 +0200, Rob Wilco wrote:
> Magnus Therning wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 19:56:44 +0200, Rob Wilco wrote:
> >>I haven't found a way to get
> >>the list of just the package I have installed manually, intentionally.
> >>I have played with command such as these :
> >>
> >>aptitude search '!~M~i'
> >
> >Strange, because that works just fine for me :-)  But I've made sure
> >that my markings in aptitude are correct:
> >
> > http://therning.org/magnus/archives/132
> >

> # aptitude markauto '~i'
>
> aptitude wants to remove the majority of the packages:
>
> After unpacking 427MB will be freed.
>
> How do you change the marking without uninstalling them?

A) If you have configured aptitude to automatically install recommended
   packages then you have to run:

   aptitude unmarkauto '~M!~R~i'

   This will remove the "auto" mark from all packages that are not
   listed as a dependency of any other installed package.

B) If your aptitude only installs dependencies automatically then this
   has to be:

   aptitude unmarkauto '~M!(~R~i|~Rrecommends:~i)'

   This will remove the "auto" mark from all packages that are not
   listed as a dependency or a recommendation of any other installed
   package.

Your system should be more or less OK after that. However, there might
still be a few packages which you have to "unmarkauto" manually.

--
Regards,
          Florian