Re: getting a list of manually installed package

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 19:56:44 +0200, Rob Wilco wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I re-read the aptitude reference [1], but I haven't found a way to get
>the list of just the package I have installed manually, intentionally.
>I have played with command such as these :
>
>aptitude search '!~M~i'

Strange, because that works just fine for me :-)  But I've made sure
that my markings in aptitude are correct:

 http://therning.org/magnus/archives/132

>which give me the package that are installed (~i) and that were not
>automatically installed (!~M) but it gives me all the package that are
>installed by default on an etch + the one I want.

Have you been mixing use of apt-get and aptitude?  Anything installed
outside of aptitude is assumed to be explicitly installed (i.e. not
marked auto).

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"Sendmail" and "make" are two well known programs that are pretty widely
regarded as being debugged into existence. That's why their command
languages are so poorly thought out and difficult to learn.  It's not
just you -- everyone finds them troublesome.
     -- Peter van der Linden, Expert C Programming, p. 220