Re: rhythmbox missing files

Adam Hardy on 28/10/06 17:45, wrote:
Sven Arvidsson on 28/10/06 16:57, wrote:
On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 16:17 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
And by the way, what's a good piece of software for changing the tags?

You could try exfalso, or easytag.

I wrote some tags to the files from the filename with exfalso, and rhythmbox is happy.

I can't find any info on rhythmbox beyond the help, apart from oblique references (especially the rhythmbox mailing list)

Some of my albums don't show the art work and I can't find any way to show what server the plugin is using to check for artwork, or where it is configured to cache the jpgs.

Likewise I can't find out anything about the lyrics plugin or where it is searching for lyrics.

And I can't get rhythmbox to play CDs - that should be fairly basic, but CDs just don't appear, not even after a 'rescan removable media'.

Adam