Re: rhythmbox missing files

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 00:15 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> OOOPS! Me stoopid. The missing files are not the problem at all, they are just a
> red herring.
>
> I just moved all my files, and rhythmbox figured that all my files should be in
> their original location but were missing. So I cleared them out.
>
> But what is giving me problems is an album of MP3s that doesn't appear anywhere
> after importing. I imported the directory containing several albums of MP3s and
> most of the albums appeared, but one didn't. The MP3s are not in the problems
> folder, and they're not in the missing folder either.

Here are some pointers if you want to track down this problem.

Make sure that the files really haven't been imported, i.e. try to
import the files in question again and make sure that no import errors
are reported. Check if the tags aren't identified and the songs are
added as "Unknown".

Check if Gstreamer can play one of the files:
 gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///path/to/song.mp3

Check if Gstreamer can read the tags:
 gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/path/to/song.mp3 ! decodebin !
fakesink -t

If you have no luck, make sure to report it as a bug, and include the
first 500k or so of the song.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson