Re: debian planet rss feed on firefox?

Þann 2006-10-25, 18:54:03 (-0400) skrifaði Matt Price:
> hi,
>
> I'm having a little trouble with the rss feed from planet debian.
> using firefox 2.0's native "live bookmark" features, I can generate a
> bookmark which fetches the titles of articles from planet debian.  but
> when I try to click on them. I often get messages like the following:
>
> Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
> (urn) isn't associated with any program.
>
> this happens e.g. with the following example:
> <item>
>         <title>David Welton: Passing information to Rails droppables
> from draggables</title>
>         <guid>urn:uuid:73683519-cc21-4c2e-90b2-5bf2955fc359</guid>
>         <link>http://journal.dedasys.com/articles/2006/10/25/passing-information-to-rails-droppables-from-draggables</link>
>         <description>&lt;p&gt;I've been working on yet another rails
> project lately, and, as usual, having a lot of fun with it.  I bumped
> into a bit of a limitation though, in the default setup.  Namely, th
> at it's difficult to pass much information between draggables and
> droppables.  For example, if you look at the scriptaculous demo
> here:&lt;/p&gt;
>
> -----[snip]-----
>
>         <pubDate>Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:11:29 +0000</pubDate>
> </item>
>
> -----------------------
>
> not sure exactly what the problem is, but wondered whether other folks
> have similar issues.  If I keep clicking on such links, I eventually
> seem to break the whole live bookmark functionality.
>
> just wondered if other folks had seen anything similar.  thanks,

Yes, I cant use these links either. When I click the above link in my
live bookmark then nothing happens. It seems that firefox does not
support URN (I dont think any browser does support it) and this
confuses firefox into believing that the <link> tag is unusable.

There is an extension for URN's but that didnt make this work on my
computer.

File a bug I would say.

Oli