Re: debian planet rss feed on firefox?

On 10/25/2006 05:54 PM, Matt Price wrote:
hi,

I'm having a little trouble with the rss feed from planet debian.
using firefox 2.0's native "live bookmark" features, I can generate a
bookmark which fetches the titles of articles from planet debian.  but
when I try to click on them. I often get messages like the following:

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
(urn) isn't associated with any program.

this happens e.g. with the following example:
<item>
       <title>David Welton: Passing information to Rails droppables
from draggables</title>
       <guid>urn:uuid:73683519-cc21-4c2e-90b2-5bf2955fc359</guid>
<link>http://journal.dedasys.com/articles/2006/10/25/passing-information-to-rails-droppables-from-draggables</link>
       <description>&lt;p&gt;I've been working on yet another rails
project lately, and, as usual, having a lot of fun with it.  I bumped
into a bit of a limitation though, in the default setup.  Namely, th
at it's difficult to pass much information between draggables and
droppables.  For example, if you look at the scriptaculous demo
here:&lt;/p&gt;

       <pubDate>Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:11:29 +0000</pubDate>
</item>

not sure exactly what the problem is, but wondered whether other folks
have similar issues.  If I keep clicking on such links, I eventually
seem to break the whole live bookmark functionality.

just wondered if other folks had seen anything similar.  thanks,

matt

You don't post the link to Planet Debian, and you don't post the link to the RSS feed you are using nor do you say what version of RSS you're using; however, you did mention your web browser (Firefox) and its version (2.0).