Re: problems with CD-Writer

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 14:04:05 -0400
From: Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: problems with CD-Writer

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 10:37:35AM -0700, Brad Brock wrote:
I have attached my /etc/default/cdrecord file. And
this is the output of `cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus` :

Hmm.  Your /etc/default/cdrecord seems to be OK.

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Joerg Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial
(modified) release of cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in
the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools@packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with
problems of this version.

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.16-2-486
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5
and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try
Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd*
interface.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open
'/dev/hda'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord
-scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the
cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read
/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .

Strange.

What should I do next? Why does `cdrecord dev=ATA
-scanbus` never try /dev/hdd (my CD-Writer is seen as
/dev/hdd)? Please help me. Thanks....

It can't get past hda.  What kernel are you using (uname -a)?  What
modules are loaded (lsmod)?

Also, please don't top post.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto

Can you try what i posted in previous post, if I try dev=ATA, I get same error as U.

/ernst-magne

Linux-User #310283 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
**********               and the man said              **********
(Albert Einstein)