Re: problems with CD-Writer

I have attached my /etc/default/cdrecord file. And
this is the output of `cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus` :

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Joerg Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial
(modified) release of cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in
the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools@packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with
problems of this version.

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.16-2-486
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5
and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try
Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd*
interface.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/hda exclusively (Device or
resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open
'/dev/hda'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord
-scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the
cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read
/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .

What should I do next? Why does `cdrecord dev=ATA
-scanbus` never try /dev/hdd (my CD-Writer is seen as
/dev/hdd)? Please help me. Thanks....

--- "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 07:47:41AM -0700, Brad Brock
> wrote:
> >
> > It's a Lite-on CD-RW.It's seen as /dev/hdd, but
> when I
> > use it to read a CD, I got no problem. /dev/cdrom
> and
> > /dev/cdrw point to /dev/hdd, is it normal?? I'm
> using
> > Debian etch.
> >
> > This is output when I execute "cdrecord -scanbus"
> :
> >
> > NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial
> > (modified) release of cdrecord
> >       and thus may have bugs that are not present
> in
> > the original version.
> >       Please send bug reports and support requests
> > <cdrtools@packages.debian.org>.
> >       The original author should not be bothered
> with
> > problems of this version.
> >
> > cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.16-2-486
> > cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with
> Linux-2.5
> > and newer.
> > cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please
> try
> > Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
> > cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open
> > '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
> > cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord
> > -scanbus'.
> > cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
> > 'cdrecord dev=help'.
> > cdrecord:
> > cdrecord: For more information, install the
> > cdrtools-doc
> > cdrecord: package and read
> > /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .
> >

> > So, what should I do?
> >

> Try `cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus`
>
> Also, what are the contents of
> /etc/default/cdrecord?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Roberto
>
> --
> Roberto C. Sanchez
> http://people.connexer.com/~roberto
> http://www.connexer.com

http://mail.yahoo.com
#ident @(#)cdrecord.dfl	1.4 02/07/07 Copyr 1998 J. Schilling
#
# This file is /etc/default/cdrecord
# It contains defaults that are used if no command line option
# or environment is present.
#
# The default device, if not specified elswhere
#
CDR_DEVICE=cdrw

#
# The default speed, if not specified elswhere
#
# Note that newer cdrecord versions do not default
# to speed=1. For MMC compliant drives, the default
# is to write at maximum speed, so it in general does
# not make sense to set up a default speed in /etc/default/cdrecord
#
#CDR_SPEED=40

#
# The default FIFO size if, not specified elswhere
#
CDR_FIFOSIZE=4m

#
# The following definitions allow abstract device names.
# They are used if the device name does not contain the
# the characters ',', ':', '/' and '@'
#
# Unless you have a good reason, use speed == -1 and let
# cdrecord use it's intercal drive specific defaults.
#
# drive name	device	speed	fifosize driveropts
#
#teac=		1,3,0	-1	-1	""
#panasonic=	1,4,0	-1	-1	""
#plextor=	1,4,0	-1	-1	""
#sanyo=		1,4,0	-1	-1	burnfree
#yamaha=		1,5,0	-1	-1	""
#cdrom=		0,6,0	2	1m	""
cdrw=          /dev/cdrw      -1      -1      burnfree