floppy mounting fail after kernel compile

Hi

I run my debian testing with 2.6.15 and fire a script to mount the floppy and it works, after compileing a new one "debian way", I fired the same script and it gave me

fred@debian:~$ ./m
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0,
missing codepage or other error
dmesg | tail or so

fred@debian:~$ cat m
#!/bin/sh
mount /media/floppy0
ls /media/floppy0

the line in my fstab that has to do with this is
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0

I am cluless as to what causes it exept some kernel support for the floppy, any idea what could that be?

thanks

Do you Yahoo!?