Re: stable to testing: aptitude wants strange things

Marty wrote:

PS since you are upgrading to testing you should understand that you are volunteering to break your system often and repeatedly in the name of science. Thanks for your display of spirit and fortitude. Although I eventually tired of the exercise I'm glad others had stepped up to fill
the gap.

At this point, I don't think there should be that much breakage in Etch. There certainly hasn't been for at least the past few months. Of course, it all depends upon the mix of software you use. But breaking "often and repeatedly" is a bit much for what most people can expect from Etch these days, given where it is in its development cycle.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." --S. Jackson