Re: Not a query, but an observation.

Paul E Condon wrote:
On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:13:59AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
DonDashGuitar wrote:
>Boot method:  Net install.  I've done four of them so far.

snip...
>created the file with no problems if it was named "cddr.img" and, happily
>enough, the Linux installer wasn't picky about the name assigned to the
>third floppy..
> I don't reckon I've ever tried to burn a CD image from within Windows. I very much despise all things Microsoft (yes, it's a religious/philosophical bias, not a practical one), so I don't have that much experience with the burning tools in XP.

Kent, there is a nice sociology/anthropology term for your attitude
toward Microsoft; for you (and me), Microsoft is 'ritually unclean',
like pork to Muslims and Jews ;-).

I prefer the legal term: criminal.

 In most settings it can be
shortened to 'unclean' since in ordinary usage the opposite of clean
is dirty. In fact, this is probably why the term was invented. There
is a lot of jugdementalism is saying something or someone is 'dirty'.

That's what courts are for.