OpenSSH authentification

Hi,

I'm trying to configure sshd (OpenSSH_3.8.1p1) in a way that passwords
are not required for ssh logins.

This is my /etc/sshd_config file:

Port 22

Protocol 2

HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key
ServerKeyBits 768
LoginGraceTime 600
KeyRegenerationInterval 3600

PermitRootLogin yes

StrictModes yes
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes
PrintMotd yes
KeepAlive yes

Compression yes

SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO
RhostsRSAAuthentication no
RSAAuthentication no
HostbasedAuthentication no
IgnoreRhosts yes

PasswordAuthentication yes
PermitEmptyPasswords no

ClientAliveInterval 30
ClientAliveInterval 30
ClientAliveCountMax 4

Subsystem       sftp    /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server

#------

The file /etc/shosts.equiv contains all hostnames that are a
allowed to login without password on that machine. The other
files contain the keys used in our network. All these file but
sshd_config are used in our network and are identical on all
our machines. So I suppose they are OK since I can ssh on all
other machines without any problems.

Any hints what's wrong with sshd_config and why a password
is enforced?

Regards,
Chris