Re: saving digital photographs

> As for "freeing up ... hard disk", I agree, that's the *worst*
> reason for doing this.  Unless OP is poor and lives in the 3rd
> world.  But then, does he have a DVD burner, and do his family/
> friends have DVD players?
>
> - --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA  USA

It is difficult to judge what represents poor or wealthy. Romania is
not in the 3rd world, but the average (net) income is ~200 EUR/month. I
get paid above the average, but I would have to be badly pressed in
order to spend the 50-70 EUR for a new HDD. Besides, the prices for
hardware in Romania are usually higher then USA. Actually almost
everything is more expensive then in the USA. Probably the only
significant difference is rent, but we are catching up fast.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)