Re: reply_header [was Re: Setting Thunderbird email client attribution line format]

Andrei Popescu wrote, On 2006-09-10 17:04:
Arthur Marsh <arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> wrote:

I'll add a request via reportbug once I figure out why I'm getting a syntax error in the reportbug script )-:

Arthur.

I think feature requests for T-bird should be filed upstream. reportbug
is (mostly) for reporting problems in the Debian Bugtracking System
(BTS), specific to the debian package.

Regards,
Andrei

I may try filing upstream, but reportbug is such a good bug-tracker compared with most other bug tracking systems. KDE's bug tracker seems to hide too much information by default.

Thanks also to the person who emailed me and suggested:

[quote]

to set the date format that you want, you need to use the en-DK locale
to define your LC_TIME environment variable.

The following links were informative for me.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format
http://myy.helia.fi/~karte/international_iso-8601_date_on_thunderbird.html

I ended up putting a script in /usr/local/bin for thunderbird with:

#!/bin/sh
#
# ISO 8601 Date extension to Mozilla Thunderbird
#  must have the locale generated via
#   dpkg-reconfigure locales
#
export LC_TIME=en_DK.utf8
/usr/bin/thunderbird

If you are missing the locale, you'll need to generate using:

dpkg-reconfigure locales

as root.

[end quote]

Don't forget a couple of other "obvious" things:

chmod +x /usr/local/bin/thunderbird

If running KDE, edit the K menu entry for Thunderbird to use the path /usr/local/bin/thunderbird

Regards,

Arthur.