Re: saving digital photographs

On Sunday 10 September 2006 03:05, H.S. wrote:
> I have around 4.5GB of photos from the past few years on my hard disk. I
> have all of these as albums in digikam. I am thinking of saving these on
> to a DVD and freeing up the space from my hard disk. I was wondering of
> anyone has any suggestions on how best to do this.

> Can't be more specifid, just looking for input actually about a better
> option than dumping the directories straight to the DVD ... i.e. if such
> an option exists.

Here is an "off the wall" idea. (ie I just thought of it, and haven't thought
through the feasibility - but perhaps I can start a discussion as to whether
it is on not)

Work out how to make a self bootable dvd containing apache/gallery2 server and
a web browser (firefox?)  in a simple window manager

Or if not that, what about the same thing, but as a mythtvgallery

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk