Re: debian unstable, stable enough?

Chris writes:
> Do you print, do you burn CDs, do you transfer photos from your
> camera?

Yes.

> If you do, and on top of that in KDE....

I said that I use neither KDE or Gnome.

> If you do, and on top of that in KDE (gasp!), you will have had breakage
> in the last six months on several occasions.

No, because I would not have installed the broken packages, just as I did
not install xorg when it was broken.

> I think what you are saying is that if your are very carefull (read lots of
> lists)...

The only list I find it necessary to read for this purpose is -devel, but
yes, you do have be careful.  I should think that would be obvious.
--
John Hasler