Re: debian unstable, stable enough?

On Saturday 09 September 2006 14:23, John Hasler wrote:
> Chris writes:
> > I sometimes seriously wonder if the people who claim to have no breakage
> > in unstable use their systems for anything other than a console log in.
>
> I run Unstable on my workstation and have not had breakage for years.
> However, I do not blindly upgrade every day.  I follow debian-devel,
> selectively upgrade individual packages, and occasionally do a general
> upgrade when everything seems ok.
>
> I also use neither Gnome nor KDE.
> --
> John Hasler

Well, ok.  Do you print, do you burn CDs, do you transfer photos from your
camera?  If you do, and on top of that in KDE (gasp!), you will have had
breakage in the last six months on several occasions.

I think what you are saying is that if your are very carefull (read lots of
lists), and if you don't use a desktop manager, *then* you won't have
breakage for years. Ok.  I can accept that.

Chris
--
Bodenstedtstr. 13
D-30173 Hannover