Re: config mixer device for aumix

On 2006-09-09, Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 12:43:31 +0000, 46kmz5j02@sneakemail.com wrote:

[...]

> udev generates device nodes in /dev/. Sometimes it has to be prodded a
> little by modprobing the right modules for missing devices. Try to
> "modprobe snd_mixer_oss" as Simo has suggested, and maybe also "modprobe
> snd_pcm_oss". Is /dev/mixer created or are there any error messages?
>
> --
> Regards,
>           Florian

I put 'snd_mixer_oss' in /etc/modules, and now /dev/mixer is
created at boot.  However, I am concerned that this might not
be "The Debian Way" to do this, and might get broken again on a
future package or distribution upgrade.  Is there another way I
should do this?

Thank you for your assistance.