Re: Email programs that work.

On 08/28/2006 10:09 PM, Marc Wilson wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 05:36:48PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
    Oddly enough I open up Thunderbird which connects to my IMAP store and it
knows how much new mail is in each folder without me going into them.

Of course this process works *so* well in thunderbird that not only is there a setting for how often it checks for mail in the Server Settings pane of Account Settings (complete with a timer), there's an extension (ah, there's one of those fiddly add-on programs again) to fix the fact that apparently thunderbird's own new mail checking doesn't work correctly.
[...]

I just tested TB's "check for mail every __ minutes" feature; it works as expected (after you close and restart TB). What are you talking about?