Re: Email programs that work.

Marc Wilson wrote:
> I'm still trying to figure this one out.  You think filtering belongs on
> the client, yet you read mail from multiple locations and use IMAP.  How do
> you reconcile the two?  Use offlineimap everywhere?

    No.  Just because I think filtering belongs in the client doesn't mean I
preclude it from anywhere else, and here's the key phrase, if there is a
compelling reason for it to be elsewhere.  Like, for example, IMAP.  But in a
client that works with POP it seems foolish to require 5 packages to do the
work of 1.

> I do it by hosting the mail on a headless box in the house, that provides
> IMAP

    But unlike many people I acknowledge that mail clients can be used in a
variety of manners.  Just because I no longer have use of POP now doesn't mean
that I won't in the future nor that anyone else does not have a need.  I did,
for a time, have use of a POP client as at my previous job I worked from home
and they didn't have IMAP installed.  I wasn't about to mix work mail through
my home server, either incoming or outgoing.  As a result my client's POP
pulling and filtering were quite useful.