Re: Email programs that work.

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:20:03 +0200
Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:

> On 28.08.06 12:23, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > It lacks a folders column and hebrew support ...
>
> And which one of the features I asked below does this belong under?
> Could you next time quote exactly the part of my mail so I know?

You talked about problems with mutt

> Sorry, I know mutt does not have "folders column" but I have neved needed
> it. Yes, people DO need it in GUI applications, but in TUI it's imho not
> needed (and I guess therefore it's not implemented) - you can choose folder
> anytime you are saving message, copying message, changing folders, attaching
> message.

But I have messages separated into about a dozen folders (I know of people who
use more). I want to know which one has new mail, I want to read the mail in
the important folders before mailing lists, usually I want to know if I have
important mail now and clean up mailing lists at the end of the day, etc. All
these work much better with a folders pane.

> For hebrew, I am sorry, i don't use it, so I have no idea of what do you
> mean by "lacks". Can't it display mail folders with hebrew characters?
> Or just it displays crap instead of correct hebrew text?

The problem is the same as arabic, it's right to left. Displaying the
characters is just an issue of terminal, displaying orientation is more
difficult. gtk2 and qt applications (not terminals) usually do this
automatically though.