Re: Email programs that work.

On 26.08.06 03:55, Steve Lamb wrote:
> s. keeling wrote:
> > mutt "lacking"?!?  And you accuse Michelle of being a troll?!?  You're
> > an idiot.  HTH.  Twit.
>
>     Ah, yes, the rational response.  Sorry, Mutt does lack.
>
>     It lacks the ability to use the SMTP interface to send mail, being
> restricted to the command line to get the job done.

pardon? you can easily use ssmtp or msmtp for outgoing mail.
(yes, direct smtp support in mutt would be nice, but with mtmsp it's not a
big problem)

>     It lacks filtering.

it supports 'l' for mail filtering. What else do you want?

> It lacks a decent IMAP implementation.  Hint, IMAP is not a glorified POP.

I know, I use mutt with imap and I don't have problems wiht it. What IMAP
features do you miss?

> It lacks a decent multi-account implementation.  Having to configure every
> single item by hand without the concept of account inheritance is a
> nightmare.

tried 'muttprofile'?

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.