Re: How to Totally!! nuke X11?

> This is the primary benefit I keep hearing about for aptitude over apt-get.

Then why not add a "apt-get remove --deps" flag which does it like aptitude
(or at least, behaves similarly, maybe using something like deborphans)?

The main problem I have with Debian package management is the number of
different tools.

Pet peeve: `dpkg -l foobar' may tell me that foobar doesn't exist, yet
`apt-get install foobar' will download and install it.  This is particularly
annoying when you don't know the name of the package, so you do `dpkg -l
\*foo\*' and it tells you there's no such thing.  Why not have a `apt-get
list' or something like that?  Or does it exist already?

        Stefan