Re: where can i get cedega package ?

Jabka Atu wrote:

> the reason that i go to cedega is Hereos 4 .
> i play this game for hours and sometime for days.
> but ...
> if you lose a battle you get error no 5 or 1 and wine crashes.

Guess you just have to play very well. :)

Just kidding. I just checked the Wine AppDB [1] and it seems to be
working for many people. Maybe there is some specific option you need to
set to make it work properly. Have you tried searching trough Wine
mailing list and forums for advice?

> also i tried starting sims 2 with wine and i got the same errors.

DirectX 9.0c support is not yet finished in Wine, so Sims 2 will not
run. It, however, does not seem to work in Cedega [2] either.

I am not trying to discourage you from trying Cedega, but if you are not
experienced enough to compile it yourself, your best bet would be to buy
it. There are no packages, and there never will be, as Transgaming
threatened to remove the free version entirely if somebody packages it.

[1] http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1638
[2] http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wiki/The_Sims_2