Re: system-dependent variables

On 08/15/2006 12:12 PM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 06:03:48AM -0500, Mumia W. wrote:
The ~/GNUstep directory holds the settings for wmaker.

To switch from one version of wmaker (self-compiled) to another (pre-compiled), it might be wise to move the ~/GNUstep folder into a temporary trash folder before starting Window Maker.

I think so too, and before installing wmaker I remove this directory.

Still, after installing the pre-compiled wmaker, WPrefs can't find his icons. :-(

I don't know how is this possible?

Evidently, something from the self-compiled installation is still around. Remove ~/GNUstep again. Purge wmaker. Then look for any pieces of the self-compiled wmaker in /etc/ or /var, and of course, /usr/local.

It's also possible that the permissions have been fouled-up for some directory that WPrefs uses.