Re: why sarge can't power off PC

Florian Kulzer wrote:
ACPI seems to be broken for you. Are there any "helpful" error messages
during boot? Try to run

dmesg | grep -i acpi

ACPI can be a real pain in the neck on some hardware. Your best bet is
probably to go to tuxmobil.org and see how far other people have gotten
with your laptop model and what tricks they had to use.
But my system is a desktop, not a laptop... now I'm really confused...  :(

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.