Re: why sarge can't power off PC

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 23:58:48 +0100, Wulfy wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:
> >I think that KDE should recognize that the AC adapter and the battery
> >ACPI modules are loaded. Let's check some ACPI functions: Do you have
> >the /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/ and /proc/acpi/battery/ directories? Test if
> >you can do things like:
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >(The sub-directories might have different names on your system, but you
> > should be able to get similar information about the AC adaptor and the
> > battery.)
> I have both /proc/acpi/ac_adaptor and /proc/acpi/battery but both
> directories are empty.  Other directories contain text files (info and
> others) but all these documents are empty.

ACPI seems to be broken for you. Are there any "helpful" error messages
during boot? Try to run

dmesg | grep -i acpi

ACPI can be a real pain in the neck on some hardware. Your best bet is
probably to go to tuxmobil.org and see how far other people have gotten
with your laptop model and what tricks they had to use.

--
Regards,
          Florian