Re: Command line audio and CD player?

From the manpage of mplayer:
mplayer [cdda|cddb]://traccia[-traccia_finale][:velocità][/device]

Maybe you should also specify the device name of the cd.
There should be a config file somewhere to save the default cd device, I think.

David E. Fox wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:48:26 +0200

bmarcum@iglou.com (Bill Marcum) writes:

You've compiled MPlayer without cdparanoia.  Install that (and it's
-dev packages) and then recompile mplayer.

I didn't notice when I built 1.0cvs from source package any references
to cdparanoia. So I went ahead and installed the newest version with
aptitude. No change - mplayer cdda:// still fails.